SHAUN JOHNSON ANNOUNCED AS THE FACE OF ‘RUGBY LEAGUE LIVE 3’
AUCKLAND, August 27th 2015: Rugby League Star Shaun Johnson has today been announced as the face of the much-anticipated Rugby League Live 3 set for release on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
The latest installment from the hugely successful franchise, Rugby League Live 3 sees the addition of the Auckland NRL Nines to the playing pool as well as an improved instant replay system including super slow-mo and user defined camera placement to allow gamers right into the action.
Shaun Johnson has played over 100 games for the New Zealand Warriors and 14 for the Kiwis. Shaun is also the holder of the 2014 Rugby League Golden Boot Award and is himself a keen gamer.
“Rugby League Live 3 is an awesome game,” says Shaun. “I grew up playing PlayStation and Xbox so to be in a game, let alone on the cover is unreal!”
Rugby League Live 3 will retail for $119.99 for PS4/Xbox One and $89.99 for PS3/360. The game is currently available for pre-order and will be available in stores and online from Sept 10th. Pre-Order sales have already broken sales records, cementing that this game will be a must have for any Rugby League Fan.
Key Features of the game include:
- Vastly improved Instant Replay System including super slow-mo and user defined camera placement to allow gamers to get right in the action.
- Improved Career mode and Be A Pro allowing gamers to take a Forward or a Back through the ranks of a U20 team into a full professional squad.
- Dynamic time of day lighting with full sun movement and weather system giving dusk to night progress and mid game rain.
- Dynamic Tackling System: Fend and break tackle your way past multiple defenders and use the new dynamic Struggle and Drag system to burst over the line to score or alternatively drag them into touch!
- Inclusion of over 100 teams from Rugby League competitions around the world including the NRL, Super League, Toyota Cup, and many more.
- New Experience System: Earn badges and experience both online and off to rise to the top of the leaderboards.
- FanHub Player Sharing – create your own players and teams and share them online across all supported platforms.
“Rugby League Live 3 introduces many elements of Rugby League never before seen in an NRL video game, says NRL’s Head of Commercial Paul Kind. “The NRL are proud to be again associated with Tru Blu Entertainment in bringing to market the most anticipated Rugby League video game to date, It is indeed a must-have for any footy fan!”
For more information and stockiest info check out GDE on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GDE.Distribution
Inaugurated in 1992, GDE Distribution is New Zealand’s longest established gaming distributor, representing some of the best brands and companies in electronic entertainment; staying at the forefront of modern entertainment with exclusive distribution of the world’s leading accessory brands including Mad Catz, Playmax, Hori, Playseat and Thrustmaster as well as the best-selling Tru Blu, Milestone, and Sold Out range of gaming software. For more information about GDE Distribution, please visit www.gde.co.nz
About Tru Blu
Tru Blu Entertainment is the publishing arm of the long-established Australian distributor Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES). An official NRL licensee, Tru Blu made their industry debut in 2003 with the record-breaking NRL Rugby League. They also produce the landmark Rugby Challenge series, the acclaimed Don Bradman Cricket games and the best-selling AFL Live series. For more information about Tru Blu Entertainment, please visit www.trublu.com.au
For all media enquires please contact:
+64 21 670 604